Department of Statistical Science
3225 Daniel Avenue Avenue
P O Box 750332
Dallas, Texas 75275-0332
Phone: 214-768-2451 Fax: 214-768-4035
B.S., Applied Mathematics, Qingdao University, Qingdao, China, 1997
M.S., Econometrics, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China, 2000
M.S., Statistics, University of Missouri, Columbia, 2003
Ph.D., Statistics, University of Missouri, Columbia, 2005
· Cao, J., Xie, X., Zhang, S., Whitehurst, A., and White, M. (2009). Bayesian optimal discovery procedure for simultaneous significance testing. BMC Bioinformatics, 10:5.
· Zhang, S and Cao, J. (2009). A close examination of double filtering with fold change and t test in microarray analysis. BMC Bioinformatics, 10:402.
· Livingston, E.H., Elliot, A.C., Hynan, L.S., and Cao, J. (2009). Effect size estimation: necessary component of statistical analysis. Archives of Surgery, 144, 706-712.
· Cao, J., Lee, J.J., and Albert, S. (2009). Comparison of Bayesian sample size determination criteria: ACC, ALC, and WOC. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 139, 4111-4122.
· Cao, J., He, C., Suedkamp Wells, K.M., Millspaugh, J.J., and Ryan, M.R. (2009). Modeling age and nest-specific survival using a hierarchical Bayesian approach. Biometrics, 65, 1052-1062.
· Zhang, S., Cao, J., Kong, M., and Scheuermann, R.H. (2010). GO-Bayes: Gene Ontology-based over-representation analysis using a Bayesian approach. Bioinformatics, 26, 905-911.
· Cao, J., Moosman, A., and Johnson, V.E. (2010). A Bayesian goodness-of-fit test for censored data. Biometric, 66, 426-434.
· Cao, J., Stokes, S.L., and Zhang, S. (2010). A Bayesian approach to ranking and rater evaluation: an application to grant reviews. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 35, 194-214.
· Cao, J. and Stokes, S.L. (2010). Evaluation of wine judge performance through three characteristics: bias, discrimination, and variation. Journal of Wine Economics, 5(2), 1-11.
· Cao, J. and Zhang, S. (2010). Measuring statistical significance for full Bayesian methods in microarray analysis. Bayesian Analysis, 5, 413-428.
· Livingston, E.H. and Cao, J. (2010). Procedure volume as a predictor of surgical outcomes. Journal of the American Medical Association, 304, 95-97.
· Zhang, S., Cao, J., and Chul, A. (2010). Calculating sample size in trials using historical controls. Clinical Trials, 7, 343-353.
· Livingston, E.H., Cao, J., and Dimick, J.B. (2010). Tread carefully with stepwise regression. Archives of Surgery, 145, 1039-1040.
· Cao, J. (2011). Unbiased FDR for full Bayesian methods in microarray analysis. Twenty Seventy Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference Proceedings, 5:2.
· “Examination of Low Motivation in the 12th Grade NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)”, Institute of Education Sciences, 2007-2008, Co-PI with Lynne Stokes.
· “Continuous Progress Monitoring of Early Reading Skills”, Collins Foundation, 2007-2009, Co-PI with Patricia Mathes.
· “Incorporating Gene Ontology and Pathway Knowledge into Over Representation Analysis”, National Institutes of Health, 2011-2014, PI.
All course material is available via Blackboard.